"Chris C." <filt...@gmail.com> wrote

rewrite one of my Access dbs (one that does our finances) into a stand-alone Python database program using SQLite. I know I'll be learning as I go, but that'll work, I'm not in a big hurry and I'll work on it in my spare time.

If its a database focused app I'd take a look at Dabo.
It has a GUI builder but also has links to database tables etc.

http://dabodev.com/

I've only played with it briefly (followed the tutorial) since I don't do much database work in Python but it did look like a good tool for data centric
desktop GUI based apps.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld