"Corey Richardson" <kb1...@aim.com> wrote

Hey tutors! I'm creating a GUI for a program. Really simple. I don't mind coding it out, but I was looking into things like Glade and the like. Do you recommend those over just coding it out by hand, or should I try Glade (or similiar) out? Also, I don't really have a preference for which toolkit I use, wx/Tk/GTK, etc.

I spent some time a couple of years back looking at different GUI
builders for Python. Frankly I didn't like any of them. Nothing comes
close to the tools used in VisualBasic or Delphi etc.

Things may have improved in recent years and there are a few commercial tools that I didn't look at but for my limited GUI programming needs I find
I'm just as well hand coding the GUI.

Just a personal view, others may differ. And if you intend to do a lot of GUI work (especially if you get paid for it!) then it may be worth paying for
something that really does a good job.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld