Yes, porpoises was a (old) pun.

Back in Feb. I raised a question related to Subject. I just wanted to know if Python code could be compiled in some sense. Robert Berman pitched in with some help. Although I was making progress, I put it off for a future date. I really don't want to get into py2exe here, but am wondering if there are Python vendors who in some way sell their product in compiled form?

My intent though is really not to produce a commercial product. My question relates to difficulty my partner and I have to exchanging py programs w/o him stumbling. I send him a py program written using Windows Python 2.5. He has the same. I've executed it IDLE and it works fine. He executes, and it squawks per my post here on finding a version #, showing his output. We need to make sure we are on the same playing ground with numpy and scipy. I don't think we are. He barely knows Python, but did, supposedly, a install of it, numpy and scipy from the same written direction I use. I think he mistakenly installed a different version of numpy. So how can we make sure we or anyone are on the same playing field? Perhaps we should resort to command like execution. I am not confident that using py2exe will solve this problem. Is there a Python tool that provides some thorough description of a Python installation?

            "An experiment is a question which science poses to
             Nature, and a measurement is the recording of
             Nature’s answer." -- Max Planck

                    Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>