I have Python code that opens a telnet session with a network device and
performs a multitude of tasks. Now, I am trying to establish and maintain an
SSH connection as an alternative to telent. My research has found that the SSH
implementation some network device manufacturers use is not consistent and the
problems I'm having are common. I'm hoping to find someone who has found a
solution.

I am using Paramiko, but I am not limited to that. I am also exploring Appgate
"MindTerm" http://www.appgate.com/index/products/mindterm/.

My Paramiko code works correctly when connecting with a Linux system. But when
I connect with a router, the connection is dropped immediately after a command
is exectued, so it isn't possible to send a sequence of interrelated commands.

For example, I want to change the screen paging value so that complete results
from the next command will stream back without stopping for "--MORE--". Or I
need to change the user level and enter a password followed by a series of
commands.

I have reviewed relevant postings from on the Paramiko list, but there are no
clear solutions.

http://www.lag.net/pipermail/paramiko/2010-June/001322.html
http://www.lag.net/pipermail/paramiko/2010-June/001320.html
http://www.lag.net/pipermail/paramiko/2010-March/001284.html

I have tried three methods, unsuccessfully, for establishing and maintaining an
SSH connection. My test code is at http://pastebin.ca/1918235. I would
appreciate any help. I'm open to a non-Paramiko solution, but it has to
plug-and-play with the Python utility code I already have. And I hope to keep
it simple.

Thank you,
David Heiser