"Carter Danforth" <carter.danfo...@gmail.com> wrote

Hi, I'm trying to a create a basic addressbook for practice. I'm using a dictionary with cpickle, though I'm not sure how to persistently store each
instance in the dictionary. Below is the code I have so far.

If you use a dictionary it makes more sense to use shelve rather than pickle for storage. Shelve uses pickle under the hood but it makes a file look like a dictionary so you don't need to load all the data and store it all again as you would with pickle.

Unfioortunately your code appears to be truncated, however...

import cPickle as p
addressbook = 'addressbook.data'
f = file(addressbook, 'r+')

I think you should use a binary file for pickle so the mode should be 'rb' not 'r+'

HTH,

Alan G