On 9/13/2010 1:50 PM, Roelof Wobben wrote:

[snip]
hello Alan,

Your right. Then it prints like this "'tis
Which is not right. It must be tis.
So the replace does not what it supposed to do.

Sorry but I am now more confused. After discovering no \ in the text file now you seem to have have a new specification, which is to get rid of the '.

I suggest you give a clear, complete and correct problem statement. Right now we are shooting in the dark at a moving target.

Something like.

Given the file alice_in_wonderland.txt, copied from url so-and-so

Remove these characters ...

Split into words (not letters?) where word is defined as

Count the frequency of each word.

--
Bob Gailer
919-636-4239