On 9/27/10, Steven D'Aprano <st...@pearwood.info> wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 04:03:17 am Modulok wrote:
>> List,
>>
>> When using the unittest module, tests are run in alphanumeric order.
>> What's the suggested way of specifying a test order?
>
> There isn't one. It shouldn't matter what order the tests run, no test
> should *rely* on another test.
>
> (Although of course, if one test fails, any tests which assume the
> missing functionality will also fail.)

In an ideal world, I agree. This is possible for pure functional
programming where state is avoided. However, when dealing with object
oriented, imperative programming, state changes cannot be avoided.
Thus if a method requires an object be passed to it, I'd like to
verify that object is being constructed correctly by the object
factory, before verifying that the method which uses said object, is
correct.

Or is there some other way of doing this? I'm new to unittesting.

Thanks!
-Modulok-