Hi Lee, Alan and Steven,

Thank you very much for your replies!

First, Lee:
>> That does not seem like it will work. What happens when
>> 2 addresses have the same zip code?

--> Sorry I didn't answer that before. When the zipcode is known, that's not a
problem. The data typist simply has to enter the zip code and the street number
and voilĂ , the street name and city name appear. A big time saver. When the
zipcode is the UNknown, indeed I need street name, apt number, and city to get
the right zip code. Without the street number, I might end up with a list of
zip
codes. But having no street number would automatically invalidate the given
address. We couldn't possibly mail a letter without having the apt. number!

I just ordered a book on sqlite this morning
(http://www.amazon.com/SQLite-Chris-Newman/dp/067232685X/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1256736664&sr=1-2)

 It indeed seems like the way to go, also in the wider context of the program.
It makes much more sense to maintain one database table instead of 3 csv files
for the three data typists' output.

Alan: I forwarded your book to my office address. I'll print and read it!
Btw, your private website is nice too. Nice pictures! Do you recognize where
this was taken:http://yfrog.com/n0scotland046j .You're lucky to live in a
beautiful place like Scotland

Cheers!!
Albert-Jan

All right, but apart from the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public
order, irrigation, roads, a fresh water system, and public health, what have
the
Romans ever done for  us?