On Sat, 23 Oct 2010 05:49:07 am Terry Green wrote:

> I found this script when looking at the CVS module and loaded
> It into PyScripter, but get: Syntax Error: Invalid Syntax
> Cannot figure out why and Googleing for help doesn't help
>
> Any ideas?

No, no, don't show us the actual error that you got! I LOVE guessing
games.

Nah, I'm actually lying, I hate guessing games.

Please COPY AND PASTE (do NOT retype, summarise, paraphrase or write out
from memory) the EXACT error message you get. It will include the line
causing the syntax error, like this:

>>> print "abc
  File "<stdin>", line 1
    print "abc
             ^
SyntaxError: EOL while scanning string literal

We need to see the entire message, not just a vague description that
it's a syntax error.

--
Steven D'Aprano