"Glen Clark" <gle...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:aanlktimabbj8ae35q3ao9+xzbvtnyzbz3wrudahmn...@mail.gmail.com...
Hello,

I have completed my first python script. This is after watching a video
guide on python and is my first attempt at writing code in python. While the code is not very useful I got the idea for it when googling "python projects
for beginners".

The idea was to create a script that asked the user to input a list of names
and allow the user to change a name if he wanted before confirming the
entries.

I tried to incorporate what I had learnt from the videos, such as
conditionals, error handling, functions etc... and write it how I would
write code in future.

Please if you are kind enougth to take the time to provide feedback I would
appreciate that it is constructive :)

The script is here: http://bpaste.net/show/10658/

Your code is very readable...more so than some experienced people ;^)

A few suggestions (and assuming Python 3.X, since that's what it looks like):

* "list" shadows a built-in type, and should not be used for variable names. "names" would be more appropriate.
  * input() return a string, so no need for str(input(...)).
  * range(x) is equivalent to range(0,x).
  * The two loops in InitiateEntries can be consolidated:

       for In in range(NumItems):
           names.append(input("Enter name {}: ".format(In+1)))

       Or using a list comprehension:

names = [input("Enter name {}: ".format(In+1) for In in range(NumItems)]

* Prefer "for name in names:" instead of using indexing, or "for idx,name in enumerate(names):" if indexes are needed. Example:

           for idx,name in enumerate(names):
               print("{}: {}".format(idx,name)

* Since 1-based indexing was used elsewhere to present names to the user, the PrintEntries display code should also use idx+1.
   * When returning a boolean value, you can simpify:

       if confirmed == 'n':
           return True
       else:
           return False