On 11/4/2010 9:46 PM, Corey Richardson wrote:

On 11/4/2010 8:43 PM, Chris King wrote:
 Dear Tutors,
May server and client programs aren't working. They basically simplify socket and SocketServer. Run them directly to test them. They do work locally. They don't work from one computer to the next on the same network. Please Help.

Sincerely,
    Me, Myself, and I

P.S. How to you stop a server loop and open up the port?

When ever I have worked on network, it's always been a firewall issue. If you are using Windows, turn off the built-in firewall. That's what fixed my problems.
Hope it helped,
~Corey
make sure you click reply to all, so you don't just send it to me
also, it is on the same network, so the server shouldn't be a problem