Eike Welk wrote:
On Tuesday 09.11.2010 18:36:43 Stefan Behnel wrote:
Steven D'Aprano, 09.11.2010 05:01:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/obfuscate
Hmm - why is the Windows installer on that page called "linux-i686"?

It was probably created on Linux.

That would be it.

> Python's Distutils create installers for
Windows even on Linux. They get file names that contain "linux-". You must rename them, otherwise your users get confused.

I didn't realise that.

I did never try them, because I have no Windows computer. Do these Windows installers work when they are created on Linux?

I'm pretty sure I tried it, once, but I might be confabulating.

--
Steven