On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder why you reply to my e-mail without replying to what I wrote in it.
>

> David Hutto, 21.12.2010 10:12:
>>
>> .

> This was written by Steven D'Aprano.

My bad, human parsing has errors too.

>> If it is:
>>
>> XML stands for eXtensible Markup Language.
>>
>> XML is designed to transport and store data.
>>

>> Then what other file medium would you suggest as the tagging means.
>
> There are different file formats for structured and semi-structured data.
> XML certainly isn't the only one, and people have been defining specific
> formats for their specific use cases for ages, for better or worse each
> time.

But it's all a string of coded text with only the formats that define
the markups within though.

String format + text in file(type of coding for lang)

> Personally, I don't think GB-sized XML files are bad per-se. It depends on
> the use case, and it depends on what's considered a suitable solution in a
> given environment. Also note that XML tends to compress pretty well, and
> that it's sometimes faster to parse gzipped XML than uncompressed XML. So
> the serialised file size by itself isn't an argument, either.

So the zipped file in compressed doesn't contain compressed tags, or
data, then why is it compressed?

>> You have a file with tags, you can't parse and store the data in any
>> file anymore than the next, right?
>>
>> So the tags and how they are marked by any module or file extension
>> searcher shouldn't matter, right?

The phrase:
<tag> in a php file
<tag> in a xml file
<tag> in an html file.

if read in any file it's the same, as
<tag>

How does the file extension make it any longer?
 This is know matter how it's interpreted by any other mechanism than
just reading the text within, right?

> I don't think I can extract the intended meaning from the assembled words
> you use here.
>
> Stefan

They're installing the breathalyzer on my email account next week.