On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 6:59 AM, Stefan Behnel <stefan...@behnel.de> wrote:
> David Hutto, 21.12.2010 12:45:
>>>
>>> If file a.xml has simple tagged xml like<a>, and file b.config has
>>> tags that represent the a.xml(i.e.<a>  =<antonym>) as greater tags,
>>> does this pattern optimize the process by limiting the size of the
>>> tags to be parsed in the xml, then converting those simpler tags that
>>> are found to the b.config values for the simple<a-z>  simple format?

I forget to insert my tags...

<joke>

>> In other words I'm lazy and asking for the experiment to be performed
>> for me(or, more importantly, if it has been), but since I'm not new to
>> this, if no one has a specific case, I'll timeit when I get to it.

</joke>

> I'm still not sure I understand what you are trying to describe here, but I
> think you want to look into the Wikipedia articles on indexing, hashing and
> compression.

a.xml has tags with simplistic forms, like was argued above, with <a>,
or <b>. b.config has variables for the simple tags in a.xml so that
<a> = <alpha> in b.config.

So when parsing a.xml, you parse it, then use more complex tags to
define with b.config.. I'll review the url's a little later.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_%28database%29
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Index_%28information_technology%29
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Data_compression
>
> Terms like "indirection" and "mapping" also come to my mind when I try to
> make sense out of your hints.

Terms like tags, and xml also come to mind. Or parsing, or regular
expressions, or re, or find, or alot of things come to mind. My
experience is limited, but not by much, and certainly not in respect
to the scope of other languages. But thank you for the references, I'm
not so good, that, I can't afford to look through a bunch of coal to
find a diamond.

> Stefan

They're installing the breathalyzer on my email account next week.