Chrystal wrote:
Hi guys

I'll be happy if someone can help evaluate the result of this statement:

for n in range (3, 20):
for x in range (2, n):
print (n)

I tried but couldn't figure out why the loop returned such a result

It would help if you told us what result you get, what result you expected, and what you don't understand about it.

My guess is that you expected it to print:

2
2
3
2
3
4
2
3
4
5

but instead it prints:

2
3
3
4
4
4
5
5
5
5

Hint: you are print n each time, not x. n doesn't vary inside the inner loop, only in the outer loop.

To understand what is going on better, it might help if you run this instead:

for n in range(3, 20):
    for x in range(2, n):
        print('n = %d, x = %d' % (n, x))

--