hi,

I am not understanding what you are saying. I included those modules
in the sys.path. i want  to know how to write the import statement for
the modules and packages. I downloaded the gdata client library and
extracted it. It contained a scr directory which contained two
directories:
1)atom
2)gdata

gdata again has some 31 directories and some .py files.These 31
directories contains files with .py extension.

Where as the atom directory no further dirrectories. It contained only
files with .py extension

I want to write the import statementt for the files in gdata directory
and also for the files in the 31 directories of the gdata.

On 1/21/11, Pacific Morrowind <pacificmorrow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi;
>
> On 21/01/2011 1:10 AM, arun kumar wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm trying to program with gdata
>> (http://code.google.com/p/gdata-python-client/) using python
>> library.I'm having problem in writing import statements.
>>
>> The source directory content is like this:
>>
>> atom(folder): this folder contains some files with the .py extension
>> gdata (folder):this folder contains some folders and as well as some
>> files with the .py extension. Also each of the folders contain a
>> __init__.py file.
>>
>> I want to use the classes and functions of the gdata and its inner
>> folders' classes and functions.
>>
>> please  tell me how write the import statements
> Without knowing the exact names/format of those folders can't be 100%
> exact but you'd want to say something along the lines of
>
> import gdata.example.funky
> to import the module gdata/example/funky.py
> or
> import gdata.example2
> to import the package gdata/example2 (__init__.py) - just a quick method
> to say the same thing as import gdata.example2.__init__ basically and
> logically is clear that that is the base fuctions/info etc. for that
> package (example2).
> Pacific

Thank you

Arun Kumar