Am 01.03.2011 16:19, schrieb Emanuel Lauria:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to map a couchdb document to a python object using
couchdb.mapping. I'm stuck in the very first part were it says I should
declare a Python class that inherits from the 'Document'.. Where does
this 'Document' superclass comes from? I can't resolve it. Or do I have
to create it? How? Could someone point me in to the right direction?

 >>> import couchdb

 >>> class Person(Document):
... name = TextField()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'Document' is not defined

It looks like the class Document is located in the module couchdb.client (it's chapter 3.3).
This should work:

import couchdb.client

class Person(couchdb.client.Document):

HTH

Jan

Thanks for your help, and please forgive me if im too n00b in this. I
havent found any documentation except
http://packages.python.org/CouchDB/mapping.html which is not enough.

Thanks