Ok, thanks. I didn't think we should be replying to individuals unless on
special case's. I also will have edit my header, but that's fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Steven D'Aprano" <st...@pearwood.info>
Sent: Monday, March 28, 2011 6:14pm
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: Re: [Tutor] Replying

markri...@gsoftcon.com wrote:
> When replying to the mailing list, does everyone just hit the reply button in
> your email program. Because that sends the email directly to your email. Also
> everyone is cc'ng the mailing list; is that the exceptable way to reply so
> everyone in the list gets the replies?

Depends on the mail client I am using to reply.

In mutt or kmail, I hit "Reply to list", and the reply just goes to the
list.

In Thunderbird, I use "Reply All", and edit the recipients by hand so
that it just goes to the list, and curse the Thunderbird developers.

You should not reply to the individual unless you have something private
to tell them. Keep replies on the list, for the benefit of anyone else
reading.

Personally, I get annoyed when people CC me on replies that I'm also
getting from the list, but I've long since stopped trying to hold the
tide back :)

Thank you for asking, and welcome!

--
Steven

Mark R Rivet, Genesis Software Consulting
ASCT(Computer Technologies), BSIT/SE(Software Engineering)
Electrical Engineering Technician
Member IEEE, Computer Society

Do or do not; there is no try.