"michael scott" <jigenbak...@yahoo.com> wrote

Now I understand what I misunderstood. Well he imported Tkinter as tk, so I thought if it belonged to Tkinter it would be tk.after(), but the after was attached to the app, so it was in actuality app.after() . app inherits from the tk class (taking with it all its methods), so its a built in function of
tkinter.

To be pedantic its a method of tkinter since its
part of a class definition. For the distinction between
a function and a method see yesterday's thread
"Unbound Method Error"

One pragmatic difference between them is that help
on functions is located in module level documentation,
help on methods is located in class level documentation.
So recognising a method call helps in directing the
search for help!

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld