On 26-04-11 17:34, bod...@googlemail.com wrote:
Hi,

I am reading in data from a csv file which will be in a format like this

User1, attrib1, attrib2
User2, attrib1, attrib2
Etc.

And need to display this in a window. My initial thought was to use gtk.Entry
widgets because I will need to edit this data, but I don't think this will work
as I will also need to read the data back, in relation to the user column, e.g
I will have something like

[Psuedocode]
For I in entries:
     A = usercolumn
     B = attrib1column
     C = attrib2column

     Somefunction(A,B,C)
[/psuedocode]

I don't think I could use this method with entry boxes as I have no idea how
many entries there will be (column length will be fixed) so I can't create the
entry widgets beforehand
Use a gtk.Treeview for displaying this kind of data. You can also have editable cells inside a treeview so the user can change the data.

Cheers,
Timo

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,