Great place this is.....i am also new and i have started to love this place as
it can help me in learning python fast
----- Original Message -----
From: Larry Flynton
Sent: 06/10/11 04:44 PM
To: tutor@python.org
Subject: [Tutor] Great List!!!mtu...@python.org

 I just joined the list a little bit ago, and I must say while learning python
it has proved to be a resource second to none. I myself am not from a
traditional computer science background, more or less financial/economics, &
discrete mathematics. I have had courses on MySQL, Visual Basic, matlab,etc....
Plus, I do know more about computers than most people. But, I have began to
program in python and learning the ropes, and playing around with IPython(which
is def. great!!!). I was reading about creating functions/etc.... in one's
library and I followed several examples in books(dive into python+python for
Unix/Linux System Administration).

 But in general I wanted to do some data mining with resource retrieval from
the internet. I found and have played with beautiful soup, scrapy, and urllib3.
I want to be able to retrieve the data and then put it in a MySQL(pyworkbench
is what I have), and I was curious of perspectives to look at functions, to
help build a multi-faceted library to undertake this task. As well as a couple
pointers on the ways one can import python to pyworkbench(I also have
SQLAlchemy). I have found the mailing list to be great, and have enjoyed the
reading. However, as the books were insightful, and without a doubt helpful
found this to be beyond their realm, and this list appeared to be the best
resource. Thanks in advance!!!