Dnia 11-06-2011 o 17:51:03 Piotr Kamiński <piotr-...@o2.pl> napisał(a):

Dnia 11-06-2011 o 17:30:50 Alan Gauld <alan.ga...@btinternet.com> napisał(a):

"Piotr Kamiński" <piotr-...@o2.pl> wrote

 This is a *technical* list, as I understand it, solely dedicated to

Since this seems to be something we can all agree on
can we consider this discussion closed and get back
to Python?

If you wish to continue the philosophical debate please
take it off list.

Alan g.
List moderator.

OK.

I like this style of talking - no feelings hurt, *including Christian ones as well*.
Thank you.

Piotr.

To be perfectly clear, as I've got the impression that my words were interpreted in various ways by different people: the "thank you" in my reply to Alan Gauld's message, *is not* a sign of subservience/weakness, my seeking his approval or a similar attitude.

I thanked him strictly for *the *polite* style of talking* on the list; I do not expect Alan Gauld or any other Tutor list user to agree with or approve of any of my philosophical views.

In other words, *in my culture* thanking someone for something (and, by the way: apologising to someone for a mistake made) is strictly a sign of *politeness*, not of some weakness, defeat, being a losing party, a member of a lower social class etc.

Over and out.

Piotr