"Vincent Balmori" <vincentbalm...@yahoo.com> wrote

Here is my updated code. As simple as this may be, I am a little lost again.

I'm not sure why you are lost because that's pretty much it.

... at this point (especially after one week) this is when me being
given the answer with an explanation will help me much more, so I can
understand how it works better.

The answer is:

def ask_number(question, low, high, step = 1):
   """Ask for a number within a range."""
   response = None
   while response not in range(low, high, step):
       response = int(input(question))
   return response

With the only comment being that you don't really need the
response=None line because response always gets set
inside the loop.

If you don't understand how your code answered
the question, feel free to reply with specific issues,
like a particular statement you don't get or whatever.

HTH,

--
Alan Gauld
Author of the Learn to Program web site