Susana Iraiis Delgado Rodriguez wrote:
Hello members!!

Steven, I already changed the settings in the IDE to avoid the trouble when
I type the code.
In the other hand I added the pass statement so the script keep working even
though it finds an error, but the scripts ignore the pass statement. Console
prints:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "mapnik_punto_sin_duda.py", line 44, in <module>
    lyr.datasource = mapnik.Shapefile(base=ruta,file=archivo[0])
  File "C:\mapnik-0.7.1\python\2.6\site-packages\mapnik\__init__.py", line
282,
in Shapefile
    return CreateDatasource(keywords)
RuntimeError: wrong file code : -1997790976

This looks like an internal error of mapnik. I know nothing about mapnik, but my wild guess is that it expects a filename and you are giving it something else? Or the wrong filename? Or maybe it expects an open file, and you have given it a filename?

--
Steven