On 24-Jul-11 16:21, brandon w wrote:
Then I try to run it from a script in Gnome-terminal and it does not
run. I do not get output. I have to add print. to get any output like this:

When you type a Python expression at the interactive prompt in IDLE or the python command-line interpreter, it will take the extra step of printing the value of that expression for you.

That's not otherwise how Python works. Normally you have to use a print command (or print() function in Python 3.x) to actually see the output.

--
Steve Willoughby / st...@alchemy.com
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."