It's been many months since I played with Python, and have forgotten how to bring up IDLE. If I simply click on a py file, I see what may be a dos window appear and quickly disappear. If I right-click on the file, and select IDLE, the same thing happens. If I go directly to All Programs, the same thing happens when I select IDLE.

                  "The physicist uses ordinary words
                  in a peculiar manner." -- Richard Feynma in
                        The Character of Physical Law

                    Web Page:<www.speckledwithstars.net/>