Lisi wrote:
On Monday 29 August 2011 18:01:44 Cranky Frankie wrote:
I'm sorry you were offended by my posts. If others were as well let me
know and I'll unsubscribe immediately.

Post in the singular. I could not, and can not, I'm afraid, see the point in writing such a long panegyric about Python to a list of Python users.

It's a book review for a book that Cranky Frankie really loved. As book reviews go, I've read much worse. But I'm not sure that this is the right place for it... Frankie, do you have a blog? Perhaps you should consider getting one.

Actually, given that this list is aimed at beginners, and the question of "what's a good book to read" keeps coming up, on balance I'm inclined to say that such reviews are legitimate (so long as Frankie has no direct, or indirect, incentive to shill for the book he is reviewing).

But please don't over do it.

And you do seem to have gone wayyyy OT over that particular book, which I bought and found unusable.

Heh, well different people find different approaches useful.

--
Steven