On 15/09/11 03:01, c smith wrote:

am I passing arguments from the command line correctly?

Yes, although not converting to an int.

this seems to count by twos (going through both 'if statements' maybe?)
I thought the 'break' would send control back to the 'while'
basically, is there an obvious problem here or is it just completely wrong?

It might work once you iron out the bugs but it's horribly inefficient. It will take a very long time to run for large numbers. Did you try searching for prime number algorithms? There are several that will be much faster than this.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site