On 10/28/2011 01:38 AM, Praveen Singh wrote:
splitWord('google', 2)
     ['go', 'og', 'le']
     >>>  splitWord('google', 3)
     ['goo', 'gle']
     >>>  splitWord('apple', 1)
     ['a', 'p', 'p', 'l', 'e']
     >>>  splitWord('apple', 4)
     ['appl', 'e']

def splitWord(word, number):
        length=len(word)
        list1=[]
        x=0
        increment=number
        while number<=length+increment:
                list1.append(word[x:number])
                x=x+increment
                number=number+increment

        for d in list1:
                if d=='':
                        list1.remove('')
        return list1

I am getting the desired output and this code is working fine..but i
think it is quite bulky for this small operation.

qus.1-- can you guys suggest me some better solution??
qus 2-- i know writing just a piece of code is not going to help me. i
have to write efficient code.i want to know how to calculate execution
time of my code and
         can you guys suggest me some links so that i can learn how to
find complexity of code??

Thanks in advance...

Use the grouper() recipe, shown on the intertools page of the docs:
    http://docs.python.org/library/itertools.html

--

DaveA