On Mon 31 Oct 2011 11:59:47 AM EDT, Asokan Pichai wrote:

    From: Joel Montes de Oca <joelmonte...@gmail.com
    <mailto:joelmonte...@gmail.com>>
    To: Tutor Python <tutor@python.org <mailto:tutor@python.org>>
    Subject: [Tutor] Paper Rock Scissors game - User's choice not returned
           properly

    Hello everyone,

    The function: ( http://dpaste.com/644857/)

    def  UserChoice  ():    # The function that returns the choice
    from the user
           print 'Please select (P) for paper, (R) for Rock, or (S)
    for Scissors.'
           choice  =  raw_input('What is your selection?:')

           if  choice.lower()  not  in  ('p', 'r','s'):   # Converts
    the user's choice to lowercase and confirms the choice is valid
                   print 'I am sorry, you entered\''  +
     choice.upper()  + '\'  which is an invalid response. Please try
    again.'
                   raw_input('Press Enter to try again.')

                   UserChoice  ()          # If the choice is not
    valid, run the function over

You should use
return UserChoice()

           else:
                   return  choice

Asokan Pichai
SVP - Learning and Development

“Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe. "
Voltaire <http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/v/voltaire163832.html>

I am not sure if I understand, why doesn't my way work and what do you mean I should return UserChoice()?

--
-Joel M.