On 11/11/11 14:29, Pankaj Jakhar wrote:

Please suggest me the best book for Python from which I can learn basics
to advanced Python.

The "best" book will depend on you, some like informal chatty style with lots of examples other prefer a more formal approach. For me the O'Reilly books get it about right, although APress and Addison Wesley are usually safe bets too.

It will also depend on your previous experience - do you already program in another language? Do you have any formal computer science or engineering or math background? These are all things that will affect your preference.

Try browsing on Amazon and other web sites, use the previews where available...

One other thing to consider os that "advanced" Python tends to be a case of a specialized subject area/library rather than advanced language usage., Python is pretty simple to use at any levels. You can write obscure python but its not often good Python and possibly not even advanced!.... So you might be better focusing on on-line tutorials to start with then choosing a specialized book to suit your interests - like networking, web, GUI, text processing, Games etc.
--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site