On 19/11/11 14:59, Cranky Frankie wrote:

I suspect you were trying to run the program from IDLE or Pythonwin?
If so don't. Run the GUI examples from the command line or via Windows Explorer. If you double click the .py file a DOS Box may open in the background, just ignore it for now. But the GUI window will also appear and should work as expected.

Once everything works you can rename the file .pyw to get rid of the background DOS box...

Try that and let me know how it goes, either via the list or using the mail link at the bottom of the tutor pages.

There is a very small chance that this is a Windows Vista/7 issue since I have only run the code in XP... But I don't thoink that should make any difference.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site