On 12/10/2011 03:52 AM, Sarma Tangirala wrote:

Well, what I meant was the way you write things like list comprehension.
I agree, that comment gave a completely incorrect picture. Sorry about that.

list comprehension originated from Haskell, which is a language with a very strong functional paradigm. Functions/procedures comes from procedural paradigm. for-loop, while-loop, and if-conditional comes from structured programming. Classes comes from object-oriented programming.

Although I've said such, the terms are not actually that clear cut. Most object-oriented languages also have a for-loop, while-loop, and if-conditional of a structured programming. And not all object-oriented languages have classes (e.g. javascript).