On 25-Jan-12 19:49, Devin Jeanpierre wrote:
On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Michael Lewis<mjole...@gmail.com>  wrote:
     if number>=0 or<  0:

As long as we're helping with this, I'll just add a comment about this conditional statement. First, if you string together two expressions with "or" between them, they must each be complete statements.
number>=0 makes sense, but what does <0 mean?  You'd really write it as

if number >= 0 or number < 0:

However, that doesn't make sense because if "number" is something that can be compared with integers like 0, it will either be >= 0 or < 0, so the condition will always be true. If "number" contains something that doesn't make sense to compare like that, then it just won't work (i.e., it'll likely throw an exception). (usually :)

--
Steve Willoughby / st...@alchemy.com
"A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for."