On 1/27/2012 10:13 PM, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
Navneet wrote:

One more thing I want to add here is, I am trying to create the GUI based chat server.(Attached the programs.)

Please do not send large chunks of code like this, unless asked. Instead, you should try to produce a minimal example that demonstrates the problem. It should be:

* short (avoid code which has nothing to do with the problem)

* self-contained (other people must be able to run it)

* correct (it must actually fail in the way you say it fails)

See here for more: http://sscce.org/

In cutting your code down to a minimal example, 9 times out of 10 you will solve your problem yourself, and learn something in the process.

bash-3.1$ python Client1.py
Enter the server address:...9009
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "Client1.py", line 53, in <module>
    c = ClientChat(serverport)
  File "Client1.py", line 24, in __init__
    gui.callGui()
  File "a:\FedEx\Exp\ClientGui.py", line 37, in callGui
sendbutton =Button(f2, width = 5, height = 2, text = "Send", command = C.ClientChat.senddata()) TypeError: unbound method senddata() must be called with ClientChat instance as first argument (got nothing instead)

This one is easy. You need to initialize a ClientChat instance first. This may be as simple as:

command = C.ClientChat().senddata

although I'm not sure if ClientChat requires any arguments.

Note that you call the ClientChat class, to create an instance, but you DON'T call the senddata method, since you want to pass the method itself as a callback function. The button will call it for you, when needed.

Thanks for the clarification and telling me about SSCCE :)

But just a simple thing,,, Can I call a method of another module while creating a GUI.

For example
 C = Tk()
.....(Some more lines)
self.sendbutton =Button(self.f2, width = 5, height = 2, text = "Send", command = <ANOTHER MODULE>.<METHOD OF THAT MODULE>)
        self.sendbutton.pack(side = LEFT, padx = 10, pady = 10)
.....(Some more lines)
C.mainloop()

Because I am getting stuck in a loop. The client is keep on connecting to server without creating a GUI.