Marko Limbek wrote:
Thank you!

That was easy. Now I have another problem.
I use RPy and read the spss database with method read.spss inside a
nested R code in Python, that looks like that:

import rpy

r("""
library(foreign)
baza <- read.spss(""" + analysis[0] + """)
print(baza$demo_izob0)
""")

Now when my text data labels in spss have slavic characters, they are
not recognised and output is something like that:

stiriletna srednja �ola
nedokon�ana osnovna �ola

What should I do here?

Since the SPSS labels are being read by R, not Python, my guess is that this is likely a problem with R, not Python.

You might find the rpy mailing list more helpful for solving rpy problems.

Good luck!

--
Steven