On 14/03/2012 00:52, Tamar Osher wrote:

Hello.  Is there someone who can tutor me about how to "run" Python files on my
windows7 computer?  I have IDLE (the white box, the Python shell).  I have the command
prompt (the black box).  And I also have Notepad++ on my computer.  I have a total of 3
ways of trying to run my Python programs.  I have tried and tried.  The books and the
online tutorials don't mention or discuss the problems that I am having; I cannot run
Python programs.  The computer itself it fabulously great, but I cannot get my Python
files to easily run on it.  If I am sometimes able to get a program to run, it is just
seems to happen by chance, and I am not able to do it again next time.  I feel frustrated
with this situation, and need help.  I hope to hear from someone, please.

Stating "I cannot run Python programs" doesn't give us much to go on.

Read this first http://www.imladris.com/Scripts/PythonForWindows.html

If you still have problems tell us exactly what you are doing and what the error messages are by cutting and pasting into email, don't try to type stuff yourself.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.