Hello,

I'm going through Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner, 3rd
edition, on a Mac with Python 3.2.

In the second chapter, the book gives sample code that shows how a logical
error can occur:

# Trust Fund Buddy - Bad
# Demonstrates a logical error

print(
"""
            Trust Fund Buddy

Totals your monthly spending so that your trust fund doesn't run out
(and you're forced to get a real job).

Please enter the requested, monthly costs.  Since you're rich, ignore
pennies
and use only dollar amounts.

"""
)

car = input("Lamborghini Tune-Ups: ")
rent = input("Manhattan Apartment: ")
jet = input("Private Jet Rental: ")
gifts = input("Gifts: ")
food = input("Dining Out: ")
staff = input("Staff (butlers, chef, driver, assistant): ")
guru = input("Personal Guru and Coach: ")
games = input("Computer Games: ")

total = car + rent + jet + gifts + food + staff + guru + games

print("\nGrand Total:", total)

input("\n\nPress the enter key to exit.")

This program should show the inputted numbers as a concatenation rather
than a sum, I understand that is the mistake in the code. However, when I
run it, it shows:

Grand Total: 111Manhattan Apartment: 111Private Jet Rental: 111Gifts:
111Dining Out: 111Staff (butlers, chef, driver, assistant): 111Personal
Guru and Coach: 111Computer Games: 111

It appears to be adding the input prompt as part of the variables? except
for car? What am I missing?

Thanks,
Asif