Hi all,

I am attempting to use a Python program to change into a specified
directory before executing some commands. However, when I call the Python
program from my Unix shell (tcsh) using a command such as

"python myprogram.py"

It runs without changing directory. Just to clarify, the lines of code in
question are the following:

import os
MyDir = "/usr/local/myDir"
os.system("cd "+myDir)

I have also tried "os.chdir(MyDir)", but that doesn't work either - it just
runs without actually changing directory. As a side note, when I run the
same commands above within the Python interactive environment, it works
just fine.

I am running Python version 2.4.

Thanks!

-Andy