Santosh,

On Sun, 2012-04-29 at 04:18 +0530, Santosh Kumar wrote:
> System Information
> ----------------------------
> Ubuntu 11.10
> Python 2.7.2
>
> Problem
> ------------
>
> I think my Ubuntu has PyGTK and GTK both already installed. But
> however when I am importing "gtk" in Python interactive mode then I am
> getting the following warning:
>
> (.:4126): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> module_path: "pixmap",
>
> (.:4126): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> module_path: "pixmap",
>
> (.:4126): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> module_path: "pixmap",
>
> (.:4126): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in
> module_path: "pixmap",
>
> On the other side, importing "PyGTK" works well. What might be error?

This is an Ubuntu configuration error and nothing to do with Python or
PyGTK.  As Russell Smith notes you need to get
Aptitude/Apt-Get/Synaptic/...whatever package manager you use... to
ensure the pixmap engine is installed.  Of course one has to ask why you
are using that GTK engine, there are many other far better ones.

It is also worth noting that PyGTK is effectively deprecated. PyGTK only
works with GTK+2 it is not ported to GTK+3.  Instead PyGObject is the
way of working with GTK+3 from Python.

http://readthedocs.org/docs/python-gtk-3-tutorial/en/latest/index.html

--
Russel.