On 23/08/2012 23:08, aklei...@sonic.net wrote:
This question seemed a good excercise so I banged out a little script
(which worked) but latter I saw posts showing code that by using string
method 'partition' provided a more elegant solution.
I was previously unaware of this method.  My "bible" has been David M.
Beazley's Python Essential Reference (3rdEd) in which this method is not
mentioned (that I can see.)
Should I switch "bibles?"
(I often find myself wanting to hack in "off line environments" so
something as old fashion as a book would be nice:-)

Get another bible sure, but keep the Beazley book as he knows what he's on about.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.