On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you have Windows, then you should be on the pywin32 list, I usually
> assume linux on this list, but both get answered.

If you're having a problem with either the specific pywin32 module[1],
or have questions about accessing the deep dark internals of windows
or com objects, then I would highly recommend the pywin32 list --
there are some great people there who I've seen field all kinds of
difficult problems.  That said, general python on windows questions
are perfectly on topic both here on the tutor list, and on the main
python list.

It does help to let us know right off what operating system you're
using -- there are some programming problems where it doesn't make any
difference at all, and for others it makes all the difference in the
world.  In this case, you're working on accessing hardware that
doesn't have a specific built in python module that takes care of the
platform specific difference, so your solution is very likely to be
different depending on where you're planning on running your code.

1: http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/win32/Downloads.html
and/or http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/

--
Jerry