> Not impossible, but I doubt that.
>
> Have you followed the instructions *exactly*? If not, you have
> probably missed something. What book is it?
>
> Otherwise, the book and you are probably using different versions of
> Python. What version of Python are you using, and what is the book
> using?

the book always indicates its using Python 3, but never actually
states which version of Python 3. The name of the book itself is
called Python 3 Object Oriented Programming. I'm i am using Python
3.1. i followed the instructions as the book instructed, creating the
same folder structure etc. It came out in 2010, im not really sure
which was the current Python version at that time.