To the python tutor list,

One comment I would like to make in light of the current email exchanges is
that generally speaking, one of the things I have greatly appreciated about the
python user community is how friendly and helpful they have been.  This
particularly strikes me when I see time and again, new users ask the same old
questions in their own way, and time and again, the same very helpful
experienced users reply with helpful comments - they are clearly committed to
trying to help people understand python (and programming), generally, with
great patience.

I hope that new subscribers to the list do not go away with the thought that
bickering is common - quite the contrary, as I stated above, I have found the
python tutor list (and other python lists I subscribe to) mostly free of this
problem.

Of course, in any community, problems like the current one are unavoidable.
People bring with them their own communication styles, and when communication
is solely restricted to electronic forms, we are bound to misinterpret  others
meaning and intentions, and sometimes that gets the better of us.  Also, as
most of us know from experience, sometimes a good fight is what is needed, to
clear the air - especially true with "family".

Regards,

Andre