Leam,

On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 4:04 AM, leam hall <leamh...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>

> Does the welcome e-mail cover any of the recommended behavior? Are there
> easier ways to request participation within guidelines?

Not only does the welcome message cover this, apparently when I posted
my message that started this thread I received a copy automatically of
the same message, repackaged:

"Auto-response for your message to the "Tutor" mailing list
Python/tutor@python.org

tutor-boun...@python.org
8:34 PM (21 hours ago)

to me
Your message for tutor@python.org, the Python programming tutor list,
has been received and is being delivered.  This automated response is
sent to those of you new to the Tutor list, to point out a few
resources that can help with answering your own questions, or improve
the chances of getting a useful answer from the other subscribers.
[...]"

This is the beginning of exactly the same message I received when I
first joined this mailing list. Honestly, newbie or not, I do not
understand why many of the posts from newcomers so routinely violate
the contents of this welcome message. I know I am trying to abide by
them. Laziness? Difficulties with English comprehension? Sheer
stubbornness? Or something more innocent? I have no clue. But fellow
newbies: Please (!!!) read the contents of the welcome message. It
spells out in great detail the expectations for posting here and might
help you get your questions answered much more quickly and
efficiently!

Cheers!
boB Stepp