On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 2:26 PM, Oscar Benjamin
<oscar.j.benja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They both import each other. That is a circular import and it can
> create problems. My advice for this issue is not "avoid importable
> scripts" but rather "avoid circular imports" (a good idea anyway).

I agree it's better to refactor common code to a separate module, but
if you search the net you'll find lots of well-intentioned advice on
how to make circular import scenarios work.

You had said "define a number of scripts that are in the same
directory but share some code by [importing one another]", and I
wanted to be clear about how that related to your comment about the
main module indirectly importing itself. Thanks for taking the time to
clear that up.