Opensuse 12.2 python3.2
 I discoverd that some of the examples for definitions in the tutorial are not
valid. I am reporting this as a bug.
 In the mean time I tried to look up definitions in the Language Referance part
of the python documentation but I'm still confused. The if, for, etc. are
statements of evaluation, comparing one item to another; so what does that make
definitions?
 What is self?
 How are definitions properly used?
 What are the mandetory parts?
 What are the optional parts? (in if statements the optional parts are or, and,
elif, else, etc.)
 I also tried looking into the demos directory, I found lots of definitions but
little help in understanding them.
 I am confused on all types of definitions not just functions or classes.