On 23/12/12 07:48, Mario Cacciatore wrote:

I am having a very hard time understanding the list comprehension
syntax. I've followed the docs and could use some guidance from the fine
folks here to supplement my findings. If someone wouldn't mind replying
back with an example or two, with some explanation of each part I'd
appreciate it.

You could try reading the List Comp sub-section of the Functional Programming topic in my tutorial.

That has several examples with explanations and equivalent code etc.

--
Alan G
Author of the Learn to Program web site