On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 10:48 AM, Ufuk Eskici <ufukesk...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Steven,
>
> I've written this before:
>
> "My Python version is 2.7.3 and it is installed in "C:\Python27 (on the
> web, it says Paramiko-1.7.4 is supported with Python 2.7)"
>
> so I'm using the correct Python verion (2.7.3). But I dont know why I'm
> getting errors during Paramiko installation as I mentioned before.

That is very interesting, because when you tried my earlier suggestion to
use "python setup.py install" the error messages you gave us came very
clearly from python 3.3, not python 2.7.3. Look more closely at some of
those error messages:

> File "c:\python33\lib\site-packages\paramiko-1.7.4-py3.3.
egg\paramiko\transport.py", line 353

                   ^
> SyntaxError: invalid syntax

C:\python33 is definitely not C:\python27. That looks to me like you have
two versions of python installed on your machine, both python 3.3 and
python 2.7. I an only make an educated guess at this, but probably when you
invoke python on your command line, it's actually python 3.3 that is
started. You can verify this by simply starting a command line, going to
your C:\ directory, typing in python, and looking at the version number
that comes up. If it is indeed true you have two versions of python
installed, try the installation step again, but now make absolutely sure
you use the correct version of python to run the setup script, like this:

C:\python27\python.exe setup.py install

That will use python 2.7 to run the installation script, and *that* in turn
will make sure paramiko is actually installed for the correct python
version.

HTH,
Hugo