On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Gary L. Gray <g...@psu.edu> wrote:
> On Jan 11, 2013, at 1:39 PM, Alan Gauld <alan.ga...@btinternet.com> wrote:
> (1) Will Python allow me to create applications that provide a simple GUI
> interface to something like an integrator for ODEs? Does it have graphics
> libraries that allow one to animate the motion of simple objects (e.g.,
> spheres, ellipsoids, parallelepipeds, etc.) based on the results of numerical
> simulations?

Ordinary Differential Equations, I'm assuming.

Python has tons of math / sci libraries. Matplotlib, scipy, pylab etc.
Under Windows, get Python(X,Y) and you will get an IDE, Python, and
all the modules I've mentionned. A quick google, for those coming from
a matlab background:
http://www.christopheralbert.net/2011/03/equivalent-ode-integrators-in-matlab.html

What OS will you be using?

Francois